Good Wednesday, Bedford! Here’s everything going on in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny today with clouds. High: 45. Low: 31.
Rent this space:
Are you a local real estate agent, law firm, or business owner? Keep your business in mind in Bedford by becoming a premium local sponsor of The Daily. Learn more about how it works here.
Here are the best stories in Bedford today:
- Welcome as a hero! Iinjured Manchester fire captain Steve DesRuisseaux was driven home after spending nearly a month in a Boston hospital. At the New Hampshire border on Interstate 93, New Hampshire State Soldiers, Manchester Police, and Londonderry Police escort Streams at his home in Manchester. Streams was burned in an unexpected flash on 6 November after being caught on a ladder and engulfed in flames while attempting to rescue several people trapped on the upper floors of a three-story building in Manchester. Streams was transported by plane Massachusetts General Hospitall and was treated for burns to over 40 percent of his body. Firefighter Josh Charpentier pushed the ladder to the ground saving Lieutenant DesRuisseaux life. (Room)
- Officials say an illegal branch pipe at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics continues to release chemicals âforeverâ into the environment. At a press conference with bipartisan local leaders, a former state official and an environmental scholar Mindi Messmer said one EPA the deficiency notice last week stated that Saint Gobain installed an illegal bypass, adding that it was another attempt to make money while continuing to release toxic chemicals into the Merrimack. The controversy began six years earlier when PFOA struggling factory chemicals contaminated groundwater causing the closure of wells in Merrimack, Bedford, and Litchfield years of subsequent issues. Experts say PFAS and PFOA The compounds are called “forever” chemicals because they never break down in the environment and can cause irreversible contamination of soil, tap water and groundwater. PFAS the compounds have been linked to certain types of cancer, a weakened immune system, and other serious health problems. The leaders are demanding fines and asking the FROM shut down the plant to stop contamination. You can read more here: (InDepthNH.org)
- Open registration for affordable health plans: NH Healthy Families Ambette to Executive Drive in Bedford announced the open enrollment for affordable health plans of the Health insurance market until January 15, 2022. NH Healthy Families President and CEO, Clyde White, said the COVID-19 pandemic has made it even more important for individuals, families and communities to access the health care they need. NH Healthy Families Ambette offers health plans based on budget and needs, “which means more people can find the coverage that suits them”, White Noted. You can read more here: (PRNewswire)
- Are you looking for unique gifts who will help local artisans? The Bedford Craftsmen Guild Holiday Fair started on Friday November 26 and runs through December 22. Find unique gifts online, or enjoy safe COVID shopping by appointment with curbside pickup at the Oliver Kendall House (behind the Bedford NH Public Library) between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily . (Room)
Today’s Bedford Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Bedford NH Police Department: “We will be outside Tucker’s Restaurant on Saturday, December 4, 10 am to 1 pm, filling our cruisers for Toys for Tots!” (Facebook)
- The stock of the Bedford guns: âRegistrations for the Spring 2022 season are now open! ” (Facebook)
- Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains: “Make your voice heard and stand up for what you believe in!” We believe in planting 5 million trees by 2026, with support from the Elliott Wildlife Values ââProject, American Forests and SciStarter. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
See you tomorrow morning with another update. If you find these newsletters useful, consider inviting a few of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Paula constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I engage in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? You can reach me at email@example.com.