SEATTLE – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Amerigroup today announced expanded access to health and wellness services offered through several of its Medicare Advantage 2022 plans. Members will be able to choose from a set of nine benefits, which may include benefits such as dental chart, vision and hearing; healthy food; and home support. These services aim to address health factors, such as food insecurity, home security and social isolation.
“These enhanced and new benefits are part of Amerigroup’s approach to addressing overall health and its many health factors, helping our members to be more proactive in health,” said Vinod Mohan, president of Medicare West Amerigroup region. “We are committed to giving people eligible for Medicare access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and well-being.”
Depending on the plan, the Everyday Extras package will give members the option of choosing one or two benefits from the services listed below, at no additional cost, to meet their unique health needs. Members should consult their Proof of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as the availability and details of benefits, as benefits may vary by plan.
- Flex card (New in 2022): Members will receive up to $ 500 each year from the plan to purchase dental, visual and hearing services and items, in addition to what may be covered by their health plan. This gives them the flexibility to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Healthy grocery card (new in 2022):Each month, up to $ 50 is loaded onto the healthy grocery card. Eligible members will be able to use the card to purchase healthy groceries at participating stores, reducing their monthly fees.
- Home support (new in 2022):Up to 60 hours from a friendly in-home technician who can help with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, and company, making daily chores easier and relieving loneliness.
- Assistive devices: Up to $ 500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, handheld shower heads and reachers.
- Health and Fitness Tracking:The member receives a fitness tracker as well as membership in programs to promote better physical and mental condition.
- Healthy meals: 180 meals (2 meals per day for 90 days) delivered to the member’s home, according to clinical eligibility criteria.
- Personal home help: For eligible members, up to 124 hours of in-home personal care assistance to assist with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming and bathing.
- Pest control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household parasites that may have an impact on chronic disease, for eligible members.
- Transport: Up to 60 one-way trips per year for health-related appointments or to obtain service covered by the health plan.
Amerigroup will offer its Medicare Advantage 2022 plans in six counties in Washington.
Individuals who wish to enroll in one of Amerigroup’s Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). EPA begins October 15, 2021 and runs through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the option to enroll in Amerigroup’s Medicare Advantage 2022 plans.
For more details on these benefits and Amerigroup’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (877) 641-9031, which is available 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday, April 1 through September 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, from October 1 to March 31. Individuals can also visit the company’s online store at https://shop.amerigroup.com/medicare/.
Amerigroup Washington, Inc. is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Amerigroup Washington, Inc. is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid program. Membership in Amerigroup Washington, Inc. is subject to contract renewal. This information does not constitute a complete description of the services. Contact the plan for more information. We do not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability in our programs and activities. health. Llame al 1-866-805-4589 (ATS: 711). This plan is available to anyone with both state medical assistance and Medicare. Other suppliers are available in our network. The provider’s network can change at any time. You will receive a notice if necessary.
Amerigroup is part of the Anthem Government Business Division (GBD). Through the GBD, Anthem serves 7.4 million seniors, people with disabilities, low-income families, and other state and federal sponsored beneficiaries, as well as those enrolled in national government services (including including the Federal Employee Program) in 26 states, making us one of the nation’s leading suppliers. health care solutions for public programs. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people, regardless of age, gender, race or disability.