MADISON, Wisconsin – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Wisconsin today announced expanded access to health and wellness services offered as part of many of their Medicare Advantage 2022 plans. Members will be able to choose from a variety of packages. up to nine benefits, which may include benefits such as dental card, vision and hearing; healthy food; and home support. These services aim to address health factors, such as food insecurity, home security and social isolation.
“These enhanced and new benefits are part of Anthem’s approach to addressing overall health and its many health factors, helping our members to be more proactive in their health,” said Neil Steffens, President of the Central Region. Anthem Medicare. “We are committed to giving people eligible for Medicare access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and well-being.”
The Essential Extras Package will give members the ability to choose, at no additional cost, a benefit from the package, which may include the services listed below, to help meet their unique health needs. Members should consult their Proof of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as the availability and details of benefits, as benefits may vary by plan.
- Flex card (New in 2022): Members will receive up to $ 500 each year from the plan to purchase dental, visual and hearing services and items, in addition to what may be covered by their health plan. This gives them the flexibility to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Healthy grocery card (new in 2022): Each month, up to $ 50 is loaded onto the healthy grocery card. Eligible members will be able to use the card to purchase healthy groceries at participating stores, reducing their monthly fees.
- Home support (new in 2022): Up to 60 hours from a friendly in-home technician who can help with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, and company, making daily chores easier and relieving loneliness.
- Assistive devices: Up to $ 500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, handheld shower heads and reachers.
- Health and Fitness Tracking: The member receives a fitness tracker as well as membership in programs to promote better physical and mental condition.
- Healthy meals: 180 meals (2 meals per day for 90 days) delivered to the member’s home, according to clinical eligibility criteria.
- Personal home help: For eligible members, up to 124 hours of in-home personal care assistance to assist with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming and bathing.
- Pest control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household parasites that may have an impact on chronic disease, for eligible members.
- Transport: Up to 60 one-way trips per year for health-related appointments or to obtain service covered by the health plan.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield will offer their Medicare Advantage 2022 plans in 48 counties in Wisconsin.
Those interested in enrolling in one of Anthem’s Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The EPA begins October 15, 2021 and runs through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the option to enroll in Anthem’s Medicare Advantage 2022 plans.
For more details on these benefits of Anthem’s health plan and Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 878-1113, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, from April 1 to September 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, from October 1 to March 31. Consumers can also visit the company’s online store at https://shop.anthem.com/medicare.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Wisconsin Medicaid program. Membership in Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is subject to contract renewal. We do not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability in our programs and activities. health. LUS CEEV: Yog tias koj hais lus Hmoob, cov kev pab txog lus, muaj kev pab dawb rau koj. Hu rau 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (ATS: 711). This plan is available to anyone with both state medical assistance and Medicare.
About Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is the trade name for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin (BCBSWI), Compcare Health Services Insurance Corporation (Compcare) and Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company (WCIC). BCBSDWI underwrites or administers PPO and Indemnity policies and underwrites off-network benefits in POS policies offered by Compcare or WCIC; Compcare underwrites or administers the HMO or POS policies; WCIC underwrites or administers Well Priority HMO or POS policies. Independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The names and symbols of Blue Cross and Blue Shield are registered trademarks of the Association of Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Additional information on Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Wisconsin can be found at www.anthem.com. Also follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/anthemBCBS and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AnthemBlueCrossBlueShield.