BATON ROUGE, Louisiana – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Healthy Blue today announced the expansion of access to health and wellness services offered under many of its Medicare Advantage 2022 plans. Members will be able to choose from a set of eight benefits , which may include such benefits as dental chart, vision and hearing; healthy food; and home support. These services aim to address health factors, such as food insecurity, home security and social isolation.
âThese enhanced and new benefits are part of Healthy Blue’s approach to addressing overall health and its many health factors, helping our members to be more proactive in their health,â said Neil Steffens, President of Healthy Blue’s Medicare. Central Region. âWe are committed to giving people eligible for Medicare access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and well-being.
The Essential Extras Package will give members the ability to choose, at no additional cost, a benefit from the services listed below to help meet their unique health needs. Members should consult their Proof of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as the availability and details of benefits, as benefits may vary from plan to plan.
- Flex card (New in 2022): Members will receive up to $ 500 each year from the plan to purchase dental, ophthalmic and hearing services and items, in addition to what may be covered by their health insurance plan. This gives them the flexibility to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Healthy grocery card (new in 2022): Each month, up to $ 50 is loaded onto the healthy grocery card. Eligible members will be able to use the card to purchase healthy groceries at participating stores, reducing their monthly fees.
- Home support (new in 2022): Up to 60 hours from a friendly in-home technician who can help with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, and company, making daily chores easier and relieving loneliness.
- Assistive devices: Up to $ 500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, handheld shower heads and reachers.
- Health and Fitness Tracking: The member receives a fitness tracker as well as membership in programs to promote better physical and mental condition.
- Healthy meals: 180 meals (2 meals per day for 90 days) delivered to the member’s home, according to clinical eligibility criteria.
- Pest control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household parasites that may have an impact on chronic disease, for eligible members.
- Transport: Up to 60 one-way trips per year for health-related appointments or to obtain service covered by the health plan.
Healthy Blue will offer its Medicare Advantage 2022 plans in 56 parishes in Louisiana.
Individuals who wish to join one of the Healthy Blue Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment (AEP) period. The EPA begins October 15, 2021 and runs through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the option to enroll in Healthy Blue 2022 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details on these Health Plan benefits and Healthy Blue Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 928-0178, available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, 1 April to September 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT seven days a week, October 1 to March 31. Individuals can also visit the company’s online store at www.healthybluela.com/medicare.
Healthy Blue is an HMO D-SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Louisiana Medicaid program. Membership in Healthy Blue is dependent on contract renewal. Healthy Blue is the trade name for Community Care Health Plan of Louisiana, Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. We do not discriminate, exclude or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability in our programs and activities. health. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (ATS: 711). ATENCIÃN: Si habla espaÃ±ol, tiene a su disposiciÃ³n servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingÃ¼Ãstica. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (ATS: 711). This plan is available to anyone with both state medical assistance and Medicare.
About Healthy Blue
Healthy Blue is a managed health care provider that has served the state since 2012 and currently serves the state’s Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion, and LaCHIP programs. From 2020, it will include D-SNP Medicare services. Healthy Blue, a joint venture between Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and the parent company of Amerigroup, recognizes the challenges faced by low-income and underserved people, and tailors its programs so that health plan members benefit from care that is not only accessible, but also accountable, comprehensive, integrated and patient-centered. Healthy Blue provides ongoing community relations and outreach to encourage members to become active participants in their health care. In addition, through health education programs, members are empowered to choose and maintain healthy lifestyles. To learn more about Healthy Blue, visit www.myhealthybluela.com.