Broccoli sprouts contain very high levels of sulforaphane
So far, if you’ve only heard about the benefits of broccoli, know that broccoli sprouts are also healthy. Broccoli sprouts are just 3-4 day old broccoli plants with tiny green leaves and small white stems. From having anti-inflammatory properties to boosting gut health and brain health, these broccoli sprouts go a long way in keeping you healthy. So, just in case, if you want to include green vegetables in your diet, consider including broccoli sprouts. For more on this, check out nutritionist Lovneet Batra’s latest Instagram post.
Here’s what Lovneet has to say about broccoli sprouts:
1. Broccoli sprouts contain very high levels of sulforaphane. It is known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. The sulforaphane found in broccoli sprouts is also thought to protect against certain types of brain conditions, including stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. It may also improve some symptoms of autism spectrum disorders.
3. Lovneet also wrote that sulforaphane helps the liver through two mechanisms: neutralizing free radicals and activating enzymes that help remove toxins from the liver. The toxins here also include alcohol.
4. Broccoli sprouts contain antioxidants and sulforaphane which may also benefit gut health. Sulforaphane has a strong antibacterial effect against H. pylori, a bacterium that can cause digestive tract infections, gastritis and stomach ulcers. So, it would be good if you include 30ml of fresh broccoli sprout juice in your morning routine.
The nutritionist also mentioned a few ways to include broccoli sprouts in your diet:
1. Salad or soup
Salads and soups are great ways to add broccoli sprouts to your meals.
2. Sprinkle on sandwiches or wraps
If you don’t like salads or soups, sprinkle broccoli sprouts in the sandwiches or wraps you eat.
If both options don’t work, you can also mix it into your healthy glass of fruit and vegetable smoothie or juice.
So, from now on, be sure to consciously enjoy broccoli sprouts.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs, providing the most credible health information, health news and advice with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, videos informative, etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate information you need about health issues. such as diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle related diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by providing valuable input and bringing us the latest in the world of healthcare.